Saturday, December 1, 2007

The END...and the beginning!

Today marks the end of my exams! Finally the long awaited freedom has arrived. I have actually been looking forward to this break! And one of the things I want to do is to update my blog. Yihan said I backslided..from blogging. Haha. Yea I truly did. Well, met up with Jac and Joce after exams and we went to watch The Enchanted together. It's a great movie! At least that's what I feel. Definitely something worth watching. It's a good thing I didn't insist in my own opinions of it being an unrealistic and waste-time-and-money movie. I realize I like the "bimbotic" humor by all the fairytale characters who eventually transcend into human beings through some magical powers. And how each one of them kept emerging from the same drain which is situated in the middle of a busy road. They rock my socks!!! Extremely hilarious. Haha. It's one good movie that can make you laugh consistently throughout. And Joce, I still think your reaction toward the cockroaches is very funnily cute. Haha

As much as it may seem a little bizarre to blend both fantasy and the real world together, the movie speaks to me of God's common grace. The real world is the world out there, where you and I live in right now. A place constantly bombarded with negativity and hypocrisy. If it's impossible in the eyes of the world, it is impossible for you. It simply just can't be done. However, the fantasy world in the movie is likened to the kingdom of God. Not that God's kingdom is a fantasy or a realm of illusion of unrealism. The fantasy world in the movie believes that there is true love and there's no such thing as impossibilities. As long as one holds on to the child-like faith and keeps one's heart open to opportunities and new experiences, one can lead a carefree life filled with joy, hope and purpose. Who cares about what other people think? Think about your own life and building your life around your purpose! The true love we have is the agape love from God, and this is eternal, faithful and pure. In God, nothing shall be impossible. Despite what the world thinks, how the people around us despise us for our beliefs and committments, will you still hold on to your conviction? Will you still believe in God's promises and stand firm, even if they are spoken years ago? Will you still believe with all your heart that nothing is truly impossible if we put our circumstances in the hands of God? This came about from the scene when Giselle (the lead actress) felt angry for the first time with Robert (the lead actor) and realized what she was feeling was actually called anger. That was another "BLOND" moment. Haha! Amazing!

So my draw is it's an interesting movie! Quite emotionally satisfying I should say. You guys should watch! The next movie I want to watch is Golden Compass. W309 and E237 let's go watch together!

Anyway, we went to a Brazilian restaurant at Vivocity for lunch. I think the food is authentic! The pictures are not exactly very depictive of the taste. So it can't really do much talking. Haha..pardon the mediocre photographic skills.

Jac! Our first photo together...finally! Can't believe it right!

This drink is called Guanana..it's only sold in Brazil and Japan.
But most importantly, it helps people lose weight and trim their waists! :)






A truly satisfying day! I'm really excited for this holidays! This December shall be the best ever!

No comments: