Thursday, September 25, 2008

Artdom

I was walking to the Mrt station yesterday and I saw 3 guys in navy blue pants, white shirts and striped ties. "Hi, I'm from America, I'm called Elden......"

I flashed him a professional smile and walked away. Jehovah Witness. I thought to myself: oh man, why did they come here!! I thought yishun was ulu enough (kel definitely won't hesitate to agree). And when I turned around, I vaguely spotted them approaching others in the seemingly motionless neighbourhood.

Sigh, away with you and your doctrines.

Music class has been fun! I'm really enjoying myself. I feel so alive sitting in the class listening to everything that Prof was teaching and sharing. Prof Tan is not dramatic or animated when she teaches but she's really passionate about music. And you know it because you can see her eyes shine when she teaches. Music becomes so alive in her class, even when she speaks about history and the technicalities of music. And jac and I find her extremely humorous. It's just so amazing how she can make something simple sound so hilarious - in a normal speaking voice. That's a gift. haha


A baroque piece of art titled The Horrors of War
by Peter Paul Rubens

Ain't it interesting? So ordinary on the surface yet so much to read behind every stroke, colour and texture. I like! :) Just want to immerse myself in a world of 'artdom'.

No comments: