Monday, May 5, 2008

Amazing grace

My parents found out. Haha. Oh wells, it's a sooner or later matter. I didn't know how to tell them. Thank God they didn't scold me, just told me to be careful next time. My mum even laughed as she described how scared she was in the car at times when I was parking the car. It was my first accident since I started driving. Thank God it wasn't so grave. Thank God it happened in the car park, not out at the roads. That would really be scary. And most importantly, thank God that I didn't have to pay. But then again, it was also pretty irresponsible of me. Then again, I really felt it was God's saving grace. At least that's what I choose to believe given that it's my first time. XX said the dent was a palm-size depression. And he saw the SUV shook. I freaked out. What should I do man! I was waiting for the driver to come knocking on my window to demand an explanation. But amazingly, the whole family who were around the car was oblivious. XX said at that split second when it happened, their backs were turned away from their car. I can't believe this! What a divine second! Any fraction of a second earlier or later would have completely changed the way things turned out. Checked my car, and it was thankfully only a light scratch. However, I guess I should not have taken advantage of their ignorance and drove away. I was feeling too panicky at that moment though. But I will learn to do what's right next time (hopefully there won't be!). And most importantly, estimate better.

No comments: