Friday, September 21, 2007

Awakenings

Being more open-minded is good. It helps you be more accepting towards others.
Being stubborn is bad at times.
I was stubborn and resistant.
I need to be more open. I need to love change more.

Mixture of thoughts and feelings. But just can't seem to articulate them.
Hmms...always seem to have such a problem. Hahas.

Self-reflection is good. It awakens your soul. It illuminates your mind to understand truths about yourself and circumstances around you :)

I learnt about Carl Rogers last week in my Peer Helpers course. I was telling my friends I almost called him Carl's Junior when I was asking Baotian(my lecturer) a question about him today. Hahahas. And my friend suggested Kenny Rogers. We realized his name is quite foody~! Hahahas! Anyway, he's a counselor who invented the person-centred theory. How does he counsel his clients? It's by externalization 3.0. It means: You feel...because...(person, situation, event). In short, whatever the person feels is explained by an external factor. Never directed at the person himself. Sounds easy right...but it's really difficult man! The main objective is to make the client feel very comfortable and safe with you to share. It is to create a safe environment where the client will not be blamed or confronted in any way pertaining to the situation. Way to go chew! Practise makes perfect!

Just to do some virtual eye-rolling here. I can't believe my prof decided not to come to school because she missed the bus and there was no time for taxis! But we didn't come to school for nothing because....she conducted virtual lessons over email through vista. So every few minutes she'll pose a question and some instructions and we'll have to submit our answers via email. It's probably pretty much the same as normal lessons except she's not there and every participation and response is typed instead of spoken. And of course, there were many self-proclaimed breaks. Hahahs. However, we were really quite sian diao by the end of class (-_-)

Anyway I got a new tuition assignment! And it pays pretty well! Just in time for BF!
Happy happy :)

No comments: