Friday, September 14, 2007

Courage

Recently, I have been coming face to face with the word called change. Change is good. But when it steps into our comfort zone (or perhaps my comfort zone), that's another issue. Easy to say, but it's definitely not easy to comply.

I realized I need courage.

Courage to come face to face before who I really am. Courage to accept any brutal reality. Courage to be true to myself. Courage to decide that I want to change and go through the pain, tears and fire. Courage to envision myself in the furnace and be purified. Courage to endure.

I need courage. I need strength.

Now I understand. "Are you sure?..Do you want to reconsider?"
I replied, "Yes I'm sure." Puzzled, because I don't understand what truly lies beneath.
The pain. The sacrifice. Just thinking about it makes me cower. It's scary. Maybe I just can't bring myself to let go.

Yes, now I guess I understand and see why. Probably not all yet, but more than before.

Can I handle the truth? Am I willing to obey?
Yes, I am. And I pray I will. But firstly, I need courage. Courage to take the first step to bring myself to comply and make a decision. Courage to be ready to let go.

One step at a time. Just keep walking.

You can do it chew.

No comments: