Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thoughts and Rambles!

I finally finished what's hopefully the longest day of my week! Yay!..So tired..have been in school from 12pm-9pm yesterday. It's been a long long day! Last weekend was also pretty packed. I spent my Saturday night glooming over some stuff after I came home from cell group. After service on Sunday, went for lunch with my cell group at Bedok market (Yum!..The porridge there is really good! Should try! :)). Anyway, went back to expo after that for a short meeting, then went to meet my parents with my sister..celebrated my mum's birthday! We went Dian Xiao Er to eat, then went to watch Ratatouille together after that. The movie was not bad I should say...it's quite hilarious. But I feel it's more value for money on a weekday. Hahas :) I can't wait to watch Hairspray!! :)

Anyway, could really feel the stress of school building up...*Yikes!*...Better keep my readings and revision consistent. I wanna do well this semester! Need to start reading my Econs textbook. "Substitution effect...rational vs irrational behavior...what's that man!?! -_-" But I thank God that I really enjoy all my modules this sem...including Econs!..though it's quite un-understandable...Hahas! But I realized it's not all that difficult once I understand the concepts :)

Over the past few days, I experienced some issues. I learnt that it's very important to keep our emotional balance in check. In whatever that we do, have the right attitudes. Our attitudes will shape the perspectives we have towards that we are doing, and our perspectives will then determine whether we enjoy doing them. It's not the circumstances, the place or the people. But it's about how we actually view and choose to regard whatever is given to us at any place and time. And though we may already have known and heard this concept countless times, sometimes we just have to speak it to ourselves again and again to live it out effectively in our lives. And sometimes, we have to learn to look at things at other peoples' perspectives to understand the underlying meaning of what they are trying to bring across. And especially for me, I need to learn how to manage my expectations in people. That's probably the root cause of why I get disappointed with people so easily at times. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. And I'm definitely far far far from perfect too. Therefore, it's unfair for others if I impose my expectations on them and I myself am not able to perform it.

Recently, I just had a revelation of joy. In the past when I feel troubled or burdened by something, it really weighs me down all the way. I'll be extremely affected the whole day. And the worst thing is that it shows on my face! -_-...and naturally whatever we feel on the inside will be displayed on the outside...my attitudes and behaviors will be affected too. It's really unhealthy..and I have been trying to manage such a feeling in a right and positive way.

"Cast all your cares upon Him..for His yoke is easy and His burden is light..." I heard this so many times in the past..but that day, I learnt that when I cast, I really CAST. It means I no longer think about it. I truly and fully entrust it to God. Be assured. For whatever that I am worrying about is being taken care of. It's in good hands! And whatever it is, nothing is too big for an even greater God!

Wow..I'm so set free by that revelation! And of course with revelations, our lives change because our thinking changes! :) As what Nick Vujicic said, circumstances are here in our lives to change us, often because we need to renew our minds. I feel really thankful for all the experiences and lessons I learnt from the challenges and difficulties I go through in my life..because that's when my character is put to the test and I get to see what I need to change to be the kind of person that I need to be in Him! :)

Change is the only constant in this life that we live in. So lets not resist and be an agent of change! :)

No comments: