Monday, September 3, 2007

A walk to remember

Yay! My first ever blog and my first post! Congrats to me! I never thought I would ever ever start a blog. I used to think that blogs are just not my kind of channels to express or share my thoughts and feelings..But anyway, here it is! A thought that came to me 2 weeks ago is finally conceived and now made into reality!

Anyway, today is a special day. Not just because it's the commencement date of my blog, but most importantly it's also SOT GRADUATION DAY of CLASS 2007!!! *Claps and applause!!!* Congrats to me and all my friends who walked this 4.5 months together with me! We have completed this course, beaten all odds and emerged stronger than before! We are now more equipped to accomplish the good works that God has called us to do, to pursue the call of God in our lives with greater confidence and faith!

Thank God for His grace. Thank God for His faithfulness. Thank God for God. I can never imagine how my life would be like if I did not obey the call of God 6 months ago.

"The preparations of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord." - Prov 16:1

" A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." - Prov 16:9

"The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord." - Prov 16:33

Words from the Lord as I was reading the bible that fateful day. All in just one chapter.

"Alright God..I'll surrender and shall not resist anymore."
Haha...sounds very melodramatic right..but every time I think back, it's really the case! I had been resisting this idea and the possibility of me going SOT since the application opened. I had other plans. But I guess when God speaks, it pretty much changes our plans...and quite drastically. Hahas...but it's great to know that these changes will always make our lives better! And that's really awesome!

Anyway, I was really worried..because it was already the last week before the application closed. I have no idea how am I going to get so much money in such a short time and I have yet to ask my mum about it. There's all the chances in the universe that she will object, and trust me..big time. But I decided to obey and lift up my concerns and doubts to the Lord. If it's the will of God, He will open the door and provide the way if I take a step of faith...no matter how late it is. So bla bla bla..and here I am, officially graduated with a diploma in theology. Hahas...praise the Lord! And I can't believe I got an A for my overall performance..91.6%! Unbelievable! God is really good! Hahahs.

But somehow in SOT, it's really true when people say it's not really much about the theological knowledge. Yes they are definitely important! (duh~ we are in school of THEOLOGY!..hahas). But what really impacted me and strengthened my convictions are the experiences when we move in the spirit, encounters when we wait and worship in His presence, revelations planted into my heart as the Word was being taught. It's all about catching it! Not just the head knowledge!

"Some things cannot be taught. They must be caught!" No wonder discipleship and fellowship are so important. Better not despise these processes! They happen under the most natural circumstances. Haha

I will really miss all the early morning praise and worship sessions. As short as they get, they are still very powerful. I really learnt so much on the power of the sacrifice of praise. It's really not easy to wake up so early every morning, travel 1hr 15min all the way to Jurong West... just to clock in before 8.45am, crucify the lethargy of the flesh, forcing every burden and problem to the back of your mind (if there is), and finally focusing on God..who is enthroned in the praises of His people. It's difficult, but at times like these, you just got to force yourself. And when you do so, you will reap the tangible presence of God amidst all that you are feeling..and that's when you know and you know that though you don't know how it's going to happen, but things are just going to be fine because God will be fighting the battle for you.

"Faith is the substance of the things hoped for, the evidence of the things unseen." I feel so blessed! I really learnt that every morning when I come before God, it's not just praising and worshipping any being, but the almighty God! I better get my attitude right! The way I praise and worship can evidently show my attitude towards God, how I regard Him in my heart. It's a matter of discipline, a matter of decision.

And as I was praying just now, God reminded me that this may be the end of something really good...but it's also the beginning of something better! So take heart, focus, and keep working towards my purpose!

This week had been a truly eventful week. It's so long yet so short. So many things that happened in such a short span of 1 week..upheaval of emotions..not just about SOT, but also in my own personal spiritual walk. So many things I want to say..but I think I shall stop here for now...and end off by sharing what I got away from the sermon this week:

If we want to be Christians, lets be true disciples for Christ. Let's not be lukewarm Christians who contacts God only every Sunday, but lets go all the way and be passionate! Lets be on fire! It's not about what we show on the outside. They could be deceptive. Who are we trying to cheat..or impress? At the end of the day, we are not talking about things that are transient but things that are eternal. Things that concern the motives of the heart. Things that God truly cares.


Sermon on the Mount simply rocks! It's truly the greatest sermon ever preached. Extremely convicting and cuts right into the innermost of your being.

No comments: